Thursday, November 11, 2010

SWEET VELVET KISSES

Tweeted yesterday; “my current fetish: Red lipstick, Fishnets and VELVET! Not really sure if I’m going through a romance renaissance period in my life but I can’t help to think how I truly love the essence of velvet. The soft, smooth, plush fabric; running through my fingers as I motion up and down, up and down. Hmmm, well maybe not so much. I know many of you are thinking “that’s so whack and tacky” but Fall/Winter 2010 fashion forecast calls for the touch of velvet, believe it or not.  It’s Hot, It’s fierce and Velvet is mad dope!

THE LESSON…

-Velvet has in fact been around as early on as 2000BC
- The Egyptians were documented using a technique similar to the one that is utilized today in velvet production
- Velvet was a highly prized textile which symbolized wealth, power and prestige; which were only worn by nobleman and high honors
-Velour (Juicy Couture tracksuits and Velveteen (the rabbit) are NOT Velvet, Stop Fakin!






  
 CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN RED VELVET AND OSTRICH

No comments:

Post a Comment